Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It´s getting chilly

Last night the piso´s lights went out, and my roommate and I tried to figure it out. I was trying to understand the situation with her, but she speaks absolutely no English. The neighbors ended up helping. I made jokes in English, slowly, but to no avail, and I just went to bed.

I sorted out my work schedule with Manoli. Things are never completely clear for me. I am teaching mostly English in the music and P.E classes which is interesting because I spend most of my day just watching, singing songs with Marta (music teacher), and I guess will now play games and sports most of the time. Not too bad. This afternoon I had my first clase particulares with Tomas, the principal, and his kids. His family was very welcoming. We spoke only English, had lots of laughs, and I enjoyed his little dog (can´t remember the name). Names are very hard to pronounce and remember. I am very happy about the extra money I will get from these lessons and also getting to know Spanish lifestyle firsthand.

I get to sleep a little tomorrow. I don´t have to wake before sunrise to catch a bus. Hopefully this weekend I will go to Toledo with Bryn. I can´t wait to start traveling! I´m trying to budget but enjoy myself. I forgot to say, I didn´t sign a contract to live in my piso. I just paid. Things here are so relaxed and easy at times, and at other times, you are walking in circles. I think I´ll have the ¨to do list¨complete by the end of this month. There is really no way not to enjoy myself here though.

In the morning it´s as cold as it gets in Panama City. That is scary! So, lots of scarves, sweaters, jackets, boots from here on out.

I enjoy my lists. They make me feel productive, but I´m trying to just be open to what is happening around me. Another auxiliar said she wants to grow up to be an old Spanish man sitting on the benches of the city chillaxing and chatting it up with other old dudes, and this is true. It´s nice.

Adios for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment